Super easy recipe to make, my mother said she purchased a bunch of the original Poo-Pourri Spray and highly recommended the product. but with the price their asking for I was not having it. So I decided to make my own and customize my own smell.
- Alcohol (affiliate link)
- Essential oils of your choice, I love the combination of Peppermint & Lavender
- Distilled Water
- 4 oz Spray Misters
- Pour 2 tsp. of rubbing alcohol in a 4 oz bottle
- Add 30-40 drops (you can always add more) of essential oils
- Fill up the rest of the bottle with distilled water almost to the neck line, careful not to overflow.
You can always cut the recipe in half or double it. For me I find it a lot easier to have this small 4 oz bottle for a easy grab and in general love the appeal of it in the bathroom. I made two 4 oz bottles before my mother in law stayed in our home for a week to help out. I would recommend this HIGHLY for anyone who has only 1 bathroom, I hate having to wait for my husbands unpleasant smells to leave the bathroom. But honestly anyone should make this.
My mother in law made a few sprays bottles when she went back home, and said her favorite was our lavender and peppermint spray. So she made her own lavender and peppermint spray deodorizer!
We use our spray not only in the toilet but all around the house. Here are some ideas on how you can use yours…
- Trash cans
- The car
- Cat litter boxes
- Cloth diaper/diaper pails
- When cleaning off cloth diapers in toilet, spray before you dump it in
- To freshen any room room in the house
- 4 oz bottles are perfect travel size for on the go in your purse or any bag